Trial Officer Tomato & Cucumber (Recently filled)Central Poland
O Enza Zaden Poland
Enza Zaden Poland is the Polish subsidiary of Enza Zaden, an independent leading breeding company of vegetable varieties with headquarters in the Netherlands. Enza Zaden employs over 1.500 people of 40 nationalities worldwide and has an annual turnover of around € 200 million.
Enza Zaden Poland is located in the southern part of Warsaw. The most important products for the Polish market are tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, lettuce, radish, cauliflower and leeks, which are grown in greenhouses, tunnels and/or outdoors. Due to the strong development on the Polish and on the Central and Eastern European market in general, Enza Zaden Poland is looking to reinforce its team with a Trial Officer Tomato and Cucumber, who will be assisting and enabling the company to respond quickly to local market trends.
Manage the trials of new tomato and cucumber varieties.
- Organize and manage the tomato and cucumber trials: select and contract heated glasshouse growers, visit the trials and monitor the plants on a regular base, collect yield data from the growers and summarize on the potential and possibilities of new varieties.
- Read and understand the characteristics of plants: recognize and link promising novelties to market demands.
- Be responsible for the trial budget (in cooperation with the Commercial Manager).
- Participate in cross functional team meetings: inform the commercial team about varieties in the pipeline and operate as the connection between R&,D and the sales team.
- Be in close contact, and share your findings with the Tomato and Cucumber Breeders of the company (in the Netherlands).
- Note growth differences between greenhouses and combine observations.
- Coordinate plastic tunnel trials with the Sales Representatives.
- Get a feel for the Russian tomato and cucumber market by making visits on a regular base (4 - 5 times/year).
- Gather market information and think actively about trials for Poland and Russia.
- Follow market developments in the field and through professional journals and publications.
- The Trial Officer reports to the Commercial Manager Poland.
An enthusiastic tomato and/or cucumber specialist with an eye for detail and commercial feeling.
- Bachelor or Master degree in agriculture or horticulture.
- Good knowledge of / experience with (indoor) tomato and/or cucumber growing.
- Fluency in English is a must (Russian would be a plus). Driving license cat. B and prepared to frequent travel, both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work independently and methodically, excellent time management skills.
- Very good and clear communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to share ideas and to empower others.
- Team player mentality and high interpersonal skills.
An interesting and challenging job opportunity at a growing international player in the field of vegetable seeds. During integration in the company You will enjoy professional trainings and close support. The company offers a competitive remuneration package, a high values company culture and an attractive working atmosphere, with space for personal initiative and a high level of autonomy.LocationHome office (Frequent travelling by car - focus on Kalisz and Warsaw area).
Enza Zaden has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Trial Officer Tomato and Cucumber exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process. More information regarding Enza Zaden can be found on www.enzazaden.pl.