Rose Department ManagerStężyca (100 km south of Warsaw), Poland
O JMP Flowers
JMP Flowers is Poland’s biggest privately owned flowers producer. The JMP Flowers greenhouse complex, with an area of 18 ha, has been equipped with a wide range of technological facilities and a combined heat and power system, making its production effectively self-sufficient in this respect. The company is specialized in the production of high quality orchids, roses and anthurium. JMP Flowers also manages the largest proprietary wholesale network in Poland, with a total of 15 branches supplying fresh flowers to Polish flower shops.
Its modern roses greenhouse has 6ha of growing area and is equipped with a state of the art climate control and fertigation system. For its Production Department, due to the strong development of the company, we are currently looking for a Rose Department Manager who will be steering and optimizing the rose’s production processes, assuring on-time deliveries of high quality roses to clients.
Ensure the production at the roses department is run as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Support the realization of the ambitious sales goals by delivering the best quality of rose through effective people, budget and process management.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations of the roses department.
- Supervise the whole department (seasonal up to 100 employees), coordinate and organize through the Team Leaders all operational activities from growing till harvesting, over sorting and packing of the roses.
- Get the production optimal and as efficient as possible by improving processes and minimizing unnecessary costs, while maintaining current quality standards. Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity.
- Motivate and inspire your employees to achieve the KPI’s (% realisation of budget, % realisation of production plan, % A1 quality of roses etc.). Clearly define performance objectives and organize appropriate trainings.
- Constantly benchmark with the market, create new solutions and learn about the best methods of Rose production to strengthen the competitive product advantage.
- In close cooperation with marketing and commercial departments you are responsible for the execution of sales plans (with high seasonal fluctuations) and for the introduction of new varieties.
- Effectively manage labour requirements & manpower planning, ensure optimal utilisation of the greenhouse and monitor the plants availability and stock of packaging materials.
- Address employees’ issues. Be a team player and a team builder.
- Be responsible for the fulfilment of the roses’ departmental budget and report directly to the Board.
People oriented manager, pro-active, driven by production optimization and customer satisfaction.
- At least 3 - 5 years of managing experience in a highly automated production area in the horticultural sector (roses or other ornamentals, indoor vegetables etc.), leading a team of at least 3 medium level managers/ team leaders as direct reports.
- Experience with Lean Management and with a proven track record in executing and implementing successful improvements.
- Higher education degree (production management or horticulture related is an asset).
- Fluent in Polish, at least communicative in English (Russian would be nice to have).
- Excellent communicative skills, clear and fast responding, with equal ease to senior management as to workers.
- Analytical, conceptual and hands on at the same time.
- Flexible and people oriented, open minded, and with respect towards others.
- Natural ability to convince and to create trust, non-corporate way of dealing with issues.
- Well-developed business skills and able to keep the helicopter view.
- Independent, analytical, conceptual and hands on at the same time.
- Data literacy and ability to make decisions based on data.
An interesting and challenging career opportunity in an innovative and ambitious company, a European leading company, where values as diligence, development, team play, respect, openness, entrepreneurship and thriftiness are considered to be natural. You will get the opportunity to work in a colourful state-of-the-art production environment and to partner with other departments. The company offers an attractive remuneration package with many extra’s (medical insurance, meals subsidies, personal budget for trainings), and provides accommodation assistance. The position offers a high level of autonomy and room for personal initiative and space to develop your ideas.
JMP Flowers has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Rose Department Manager exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More info about the company can be found at www.jmpflowers.pl. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.