Production Manager – Fresh HerbsGrodzisk Mazowiecki near Warsaw
O Swedeponic Polska Sp z o.o.
Swedeponic Polska Sp. z o.o., founded in 1997, is the Polish subsidiary of the Swedish Spisa Group, a leading international company in the cultivation and marketing of organic and conventional fresh herbs to international retail and food service markets, with production facilities in Sweden, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Czech Republic, the UK and in Kenya. Swedeponic is Poland’s biggest fresh herbs producer and widely known from its brand Baziółka. Apart from potted herbs, Baziólka also offers cut herbs and micro leaves. The company employs over 70 dedicated people.
Swedeponic is located in Grodzisk Mazowiecki where they cultivate about 20 types of fresh herbs with hydroponics, enabling the company to save on water and to only use biological protection instead of pesticides. To supervise and be responsible for all manufacturing processes we are currently looking for a Production Manager.
Manage the fresh herbs production in a state of the art production facility.
- Be responsible for the technical management, supervision and control of the production processes in order to align qualitative production with the sales plan in a cost effective way.
- Draw up production plans and manage the work planning and material resources of your department. Manage a team of engaged team leaders and plant specialists.
- Monitor the production processes and product standards, adjust production plans as needed and implement quality-control programs.
- Estimate and optimize the costs without losing on production and given quality standards in close collaboration with the Managing Director and the Commercial Director.
- Monitor the herbs in different growing stages. Steer sowing, planting, harvesting, distribution (packaging and cut herbs) and maintenance.
- Provide trainings and daily guidelines, ensure that health, hygiene and safety guidelines are followed. Be a motivator for your team, build on a positive working atmosphere and assess the performances of your team members.
- Be involved in variety selection processes, follow trends and keep your knowledge up to date regarding modern, innovative and sustainable growing technics.
- The Production Manager will report to the Managing Director.
People oriented manager, pro-active and with passion for plant growing.
- At least 2-3 years of managing experience in a horticultural production environment (preferable indoor).
- Higher education (Horticulture, Biology, or related) and understanding business economics.
- Practical and agronomical knowledge of (indoor) growing is an asset.
- Fluent in English and Polish.
- Natural leadership skills, highly goal oriented, able to motivate a team towards common goals.
- Able to pro-actively respond on changes or failures, entrepreneurial and problem solving skills.
- Independent in action and decision making, able to keep the helicopter view in a dynamic environment, also in stressful moments.
- Positive, thinking ahead and proposing (cost) effective solutions, flexible and hands-on.
- Data literacy and ability to make decisions based on data.
An interesting and challenging career opportunity in an innovative, sustainable producing & ambitious company, where you will be given the chance to have real impact on the business and to develop yourself further. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of herbs in a state of the art production environment and will enjoy international business trips and trainings. The company offers an attractive remuneration package with many extra’s (car, medical insurance, personal trainings), and provides accommodation assistance. The position offers a high level of autonomy and room for personal initiative to develop your ideas.
Swedeponic has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Production Manager exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More info about the company can be found at www.baziolka.pl and on www.spisagroup.com. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.