Production Manager – Enzymes for animal feedGermany (Leipzig area)
Our Client is part of one of the world’s biggest groups in the livestock sector. The young company is specialized in transferring small scale biotech projects into industrial scale. At its production site in Germany they operate fermentation and downstream lines from lab to production scale with 85m³ fermenter under industrial conditions 24/7. Its downstream equipment includes multiple filtration units, SMB chromatography, ion exchange, activated carbon units, evaporation, crystallization and more. Besides scale-up and tolling services, the facility enables expanded research and development activities in the field of biotech processes.
To strengthen its highly skilled and result driven team in the pilot plant near Leipzig in Germany, Our Client is currently looking for a Production Manager Enzymes.
Employ your knowledge to successfully implement production of enzymes at industrial scale.
- Evaluate and plan adaptation of the existing plant for the production of enzymes.
- Manage the complexity of the production process. Scale up, set up and become responsible for the enzymes production.
- Foresee comprehensive and complete documentation on the enzyme production processes.
- Develop KPI’s for unit operations in the process.
- Analyse process efficiency and realize improvements.
- Accompany the Operations Team and all other departments in the implementation of enzyme production. Be actively involved in turning the pilot plant into a real production environment.
- Secure timelines, demonstrate efficient use of time and resources.
- Controlling budget, realize cost reductions where possible in order to establish a (for the feed sector) competitive enzyme production.
- The Production Manager Enzymes will report directly to the Managing Director of the company.
People and production oriented manager, pro-active and with in-depth insight in enzymes production.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of enzymes production, preferably for the animal feed sector, or for other industrial / commodity applications, and at large scale (>30m³).
- Higher education, preferably Biotechnology or life-sciences related.
- Practical and broad knowledge in upstream and downstream processing of enzymes.
- Fluent in English, willingness to learn German and to relocate to Germany (Leipzig area).
- Natural leadership skills, highly goal oriented, able to steer a team towards common goals.
- Pro-active, self-propelled, entrepreneurial and problem solving mentality.
- Independent in action and decision making, responsible and with an eye for detail.
- Positive mind-set, thinking ahead and proposing effective solutions.
- Data literacy and ability to make decisions based on data, understanding the benefits for the customer before making decisions.
An interesting and challenging career opportunity in a young, innovative and ambitious company, backed up by a large stable group, where values as diligence, development, team play, respect, openness, entrepreneurship and thriftiness are considered to be natural. You will get the opportunity to work in a state of the art production environment. The company offers an attractive remuneration package with many extra’s (health courses, personal budget for trainings, vacation regulation: 30 working days/year etc.), and provides accommodation assistance. The position offers a high level of autonomy and room for personal initiative and space to develop your ideas.
Our Client has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Production Manager Enzymes exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More info about the company will be provided during the recruitment process. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.