Plant Manager (vegetable oil bottling plant)Szamotuły, wielkopolskie
O EOL Polska Sp. z o.o.
EOL Polska (Edible Oils Limited) is a joint venture between Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) and the Princes Group (a leading company in the food, soft drinks and edible oils business in the UK), established in 2010. The company creates a synergy between the sales, logistics and marketing expertise of Princes and the supply chain expertise of ADM. In Europe EOL exploits 3 oil bottling facilities – 2 in the UK and 1 in Szamotuły - Poland.
The Szamotuły bottling facility of EOL is directly connected with and bottling the oilseed rape oil from the next door oil crushing plant of ADM (where oilseed rape seeds are crushed, oil is extracted and refined). We are currently looking for a Plant Manager who will ensure business goals are met and all operations within the bottling plant are in line with ADM & Princes guidelines and policies.
Ensure the production at the bottling plant is run as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Efficiently plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations within the prescribed safety & quality standards and company policies, in order to achieve the operational objectives with minimal interruptions, ensuring economic availability of all products and their subsequent distribution to all customers on time and in full.
- Manage the achievement and development of all KPI targets developing appropriate systems and controls to ensure that all production is efficiently planned in accordance with all safety, quality, relevant legislation for environmental issues, costs and performance requirements.
- Coach, review and develop the site management team to maximize realisation of factory objectives in conjunction with the ADM & Princes Management and leadership principles.
- Ensure planned and preventive maintenance is achieved to minimise downtime and remedial expenditure.
- Manage the interface between the various external support functions and logistics partners. Liaise with external logistics partners to ensure local logistics KPI’s are met and a continuous improvement approach is being adopted.
- Ensure appropriate systems and controls are in place to meet the company compliance requirements for warehousing and control of inventory.
- Ensure capital expenditure projects are progressed and delivered on a timely basis with costs and benefits in line with approved levels.
- Control annual fixed and variable budgets, continually challenge costs and develop the factory strategy of cost reduction.
- Represent the Board in internal and external relations.
A caring people manager passionate about all aspects of optimizing bottling processes.
- University degree or equivalent (Food Production//Engineering would be an asset).
- At least 3 years of site management experience in the food processing or ‘fresh produce’ sector, practical knowledge of bottling and/or packing, food technology and production engineering.
- Native Polish and fluent English.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement / SMED and Food Hygiene Standards (HACCP, BRC, IFS etc.).
- Experience of working within Unionized environment, with knowledge of H&S and employment law.
- Excellent communicative skills, clear and fast responding, with equal ease to senior management as to workers.
- Determined, not afraid to make decisions.
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial mind-set, well-developed business skills and able to keep the helicopter view.
- Independent thinker. Analytical and diagnostic skills, with a problem solving mind-set.
Our Client is an ambitious and financially stable organisation, growing and in continuous development. EOL Polska offers a professional and at the same time informal working environment, and a high values company culture where everybody cooperates to reach the goals. The company offers you an interesting and challenging job with a high level of autonomy and responsibility and will support you in the further development of the operational excellence of your site. A market competitive remuneration package with fringe benefits is foreseen.
Our Client has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Plant Manager exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More information regarding EOL can be found on https://www.edibleoilsltd.com/. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.