Harvesting Supervisor (mushrooms)Bavikhove, Belgium
O Lesage Champignons
Lesage Champignons is one of Belgium’s biggest privately owned mushroom producers. Over 3 generations they have been growing the best quality mushroom in a modern production environment. The company realizes continuous growth due to its excellent quality product, reliability and flexibility. At Lesage Champignons they grow, package and ship about 60 tonnes of mushrooms on a weekly base, selling to supermarkets and wholesalers across Europe.
At Lesage Champignons, supplying top quality in an environmental friendly and sustainable way go hand in hand. The company employs 60 people. Most of the staff is Polish. To supervise its harvesting activities we are currently looking for a Harvesting Supervisor.
Be responsible for the qualitative and quantitative harvesting activities of the picking teams.
- Ensure the picking of high quality mushroom in line with the sales and production plans.
- Manage, organise and take responsibility for the work planning and harvest requirements for picking in the assigned rooms.
- Together with the Harvesting Manager and an Assistant Harvesting Supervisor you have approximately 40 employees under your supervision.
- Monitor the performances of your individual team members and report to HR department.
- Provide trainings and daily guidelines to your team. Be a motivator for your team.
- Plan harvesting activities and prepare materials and equipment.
- ‘Feel’ your team: listen to issues and propose practical solutions to improve its activities.
- Help preparing orders (physical activities are a natural part of the job).
- Closely cooperate with the Harvesting Manager, the Head Grower and the General Manager to ensure the correct harvest, quality and sizing of the picked mushrooms in order to achieve the maximum production of each room, and to meet the demands required by the daily sales.
A people oriented, hands-on and goal oriented team leader.
- At least 2 years of experience in a mushroom production environment, experience with managing a team in a horticultural production environment is an asset.
- Higher education (Horticulture, Biology, Agriculture or related).
- Understanding the specifics of horticultural production: no 9 to 5 mentality, flexible and not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- Fluent in Polish (and English). Dutch would be an asset.
- Natural leadership skills, goal oriented and able to motivate a team towards common goals.
- Independent in action and decision making, responsible and with an eye for detail.
- Positive and proactive approach, able to reach effective solutions and to think together.
- Well organized, hands-on, and excellent communication skills.
An interesting and versatile career opportunity in an innovative and ambitious company that attaches great importance to sustainable production and relationships. The company offers an excellent working atmosphere, an attractive remuneration package and provides accommodation assistance if needed. The position offers a good level of autonomy, room for personal initiative, and a job with a healthy mix of 20% office activities and 80% work floor presence to supervise and support your team. You will be given the chance to develop yourself together with the company, and with close support from the company.
Our Client has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Harvesting Supervisor exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More info about the company can be found at www.lesagechampignons.be. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.