Assistant to Head of Production (CUX)Cuxhaven (DE), with travel-shares of up to 60%
O Lohmann Tierzucht GmbH
Lohmann Tierzucht, with headquarters in Cuxhaven (DE), is a worldwide leader in the selection and distribution of egg layer parent stock, and for many years its first-class breeding results and quality standards have helped to ensure its customers’ financial success. Lohmann’s mission “For each housing system the right hen – for every market the right egg” is highly valued by distributors in more than 120 countries. The company is part of EW GROUP GmbH, a both modern, strategic holding company, as well as a traditional family business. Founded in 1928, EW GROUP is firmly established in the world’s major animal breeding, animal health and animal nutrition markets and consists of over 150 subsidiaries and employs more than 13.000 people.
To meet demand, customers are supplied from breeding and production sites located on 3 continents, making the company a global leader in the primary breeding of egg layer chickens. We are currently looking for an Assistant to Head of Production.
Holistic support of the Head of Production of Lohmann Tierzucht
- Provide support in supervising the husbandry of the animals on the breeding and production sites (initially with focus on Germany, Denmark and Scotland, later on also in other countries) with the goal of optimum housing, ventilation and nutrition conditions.
- Assistance in the handling and organisation of the production for pure lines (e.g. in the housing of the animals, in depopulation procedures, in hatching eggs, planning).
- Support in the management of production staff.
- Project Management in connection with investments in global production assets.
- Collection and analysis of biological and economic performance data.
- Capturing, evaluating, monitoring and improving quality at all process levels.
- Operate between (and in) the production and genetics departments.
- Assure procedures are followed at all process levels in order to minimize biosecurity risks, keep good contact with suppliers and partners.
- Continuously develop your knowledge of breeding processes with support of the technical service department, acquire and implement scientific knowhow.
- The Assistant acts in close cooperation and reports directly to the Head of Production.
A passionate and ambitious poultry expert with a hands-on approach
- Relevant University degree (e.g. zootechnics, agriculture or veterinary).
- Practical experience with management/care of poultry flocks is an asset.
- Technical understanding and knowledge of breeding processes.
- Passion for poultry is in your character, especially to improve in all facets of breeding and housing.
- Fluent in English.
- Prepared for frequent travelling, relocation (close) to Cuxhaven in Germany is required.
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for the animal, creativity in finding scientific solutions.
- Management and leadership skills in dealing with employees, hands-on and with respect towards others.
- Communicating with equal ease to Senior Management and Technical Specialists as to workers.
- Teamplayer, entrepreneurial mindset, able to work structured, proactive and self-organized.
- Strategic and commercial thinking, able to keep the helicopter view.
Lohmann Tierzucht offers a challenging role with a lot of versatility and the chance to develop yourself further together with and within the company (also internationally). The company provides a package of international product trainings and great support within a dedicated team and an R&D driven company. They offer a lot of autonomy and possibilities to further grow your knowledge and network. A market competitive remuneration package (incl. car, laptop, mobile phone) is foreseen.
Place of employment
Cuxhaven (DE), with travel-shares of up to 60% (e.g. Denmark, Scotland, Canada, Spain)
Lohmann Tierzucht has outsourced the Search and Selection for the Assistant to Head of Production to CeresRecruitment Polska.
More information about Lohmann Tierzucht can be found www.ltz.de.
A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.