Plant ManagerGruszczyce (Sieradz area - łódzkie)
O Plukon Sieradz Sp. z o.o.The Plukon Food Group is one of the largest players on the poultry meat market in Europe. The company sells worldwide to the top segment of the food industry and to leading retail chains in West & Central Europe. The Group’s turnover reached 1.7 billion euro in 2017. With eighteen production locations in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and Poland, and over 5,000 employees, the Plukon Food Group is an international leader in translating consumer needs into innovative products, concepts and breeding solutions.
In Poland the Group, in a joint venture with the Wyrębski family, established a greenfield poultry slaughterhouse in Gruszczyce in the west of the voivodship łódzkie. The plant is fully operational and equipped with state-of-the-art production lines. To oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing and to ensure policies and procedures are followed, we are currently looking for a Plant Manager.
Ensure the production at the Gruszczyce plant is run as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations.
- Supervise the whole plant, coordinate and organize all operational activities from slaughtering, cut up, freezing and packing, till expedition.
- Get the production optimal and as efficient as possible by improving processes and minimizing unnecessary costs, while maintaining current quality, environmental and safety standards. Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance standards.
- Motivate and inspire your employees to achieve the KPI’s in terms of productivity, efficiency, quality, safety and hygiene. Clearly define performance objectives and organize appropriate trainings in cooperation with the Head of Personnel.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Ensure that the key roles are staffed with motivated and qualified personnel. Effectively manage labour requirements & manpower planning. Be a team player and a team builder.
- Address employees’ issues.
- Promote, initiate and lead improvement projects in all domains of the site. Reach and implement innovative solutions.
- On a daily base you consult with HR, Purchase, Technical, Quality, Financial and Sales departments.Be responsible for the financial results and the investment projects of the factory and report directly to the management of the Group.
A caring people manager passionate about all aspects of optimizing food production processes.
Are you a born people manager who naturally finds the balance between managing the operational business and steering & motivating employees? Do you have a proven track record as a Plant Manager in the food sector? Are you determined to play a key role in a modern and exponentially growing company, and to give enthusiastic leadership? Then this position might be the right challenge for you.
- Higher educated, a Business Administration / Management degree is an asset.
- At least 5 years of (operational) management experience in the food sector, preferably in a critical food production environment (meat, fish, vegetables, dairy etc.).
- Native Polish and fluent English.
- Experience with Lean Management and with a proven track record in executing and implementing successful improvements.
- Excellent communicative skills, clear and fast responding, with equal ease to senior management as to workers.
- Determined, not afraid to make decisions.
- Flexible and people oriented, open minded, and with respect towards others.
- Natural ability to convince and to create trust.
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial mind-set, well-developed business skills and able to keep the helicopter view.
- Independent thinker. Analytical, conceptual and hands on at the same time.
The Plukon Food Group is an ambitious and financially stable organisation, growing and in continuous development. The company offers a professional and at the same time informal working environment, and a high values company culture where everybody cooperates to reach the goals. Plukon offers you an interesting and challenging job with a lot of responsibility. A market competitive remuneration package is foreseen.
Plukon has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Plant Manager exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska.
You can send your application and attach CV (in English) via the APLIKUJ TERAZ button. For further information, please contact Koen Lecluyse on +48 696 307 999. More information regarding Plukon can be found on www.plukon.pl and on www.plukonfoodgroup.com.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.