Team Leader Cut FlowersStężyca (100 km south of Warsaw)
About JMP Flowers
JMP Flowers is Poland’s biggest privately owned flowers producer. The JMP Flowers greenhouse complex, with an area of 18 ha, has been equipped with a wide range of technological facilities and a combined heat and power system, making its production effectively self-sufficient in this respect. The production area is one of the world’s most technical advanced. The company is specialized in the production of high quality orchids, roses and anthurium. JMP Flowers also manages the largest proprietary wholesale network in Poland, with a total of 15 branches supplying fresh flowers to Polish flower shops.
For its Production Technology Department, we are currently looking for a Team Leader Cut Flowers who will take the lead in the production of the roses and anthurium.
Be responsible for the growing of cut flowers, quality comes on first place.
- Ensure the production of high quality flowers in line with the sales plans.
- Manage the work planning of your department. Manage a team of engaged team leaders and specialists.
- Control the climate in the greenhouse.
- Monitor the roses plantations and steer crop protection (biological and chemical), fertilisation, watering and artificial lightening. Optimize costs of crop treatments and energy without quality losses.
- Provide trainings and daily guidelines to junior plant specialists. Be a motivator for your team.
- Pro-actively increase the amount of premium quality flowers.
- Reduce the amount of A2 quality and not saleable flowers.
- Partner in variety selection, follow trends and keep your knowledge up to date regarding modern or innovative growing technics.
- Be responsible for compliance with internal and external standards (Global Gap, IWAY etc.).
- The Team Leader Cut Flowers report to the Manager of the Production Technology Department.
People oriented, experienced in and with great passion for floriculture.
- At least 2 years of experience in an indoor horticultural production environment (preferable roses, other flowers are an asset), experience with managing a team is an asset.
- Higher education (Horticulture, Biology, Agriculture or related).
- Practical and agronomical knowledge of indoor growing.
- Knowledge and interest in modern and innovative growing methods.
- Fluent in English and/or Polish. Russian is an asset.
- Natural leadership skills, goal oriented and able to motivate a team towards common goals.
- Independent in action and decision making, responsible and with an eye for detail.
- Positive and proactive approach, able to reach effective solutions and to think together.
- Data literacy and ability to make decisions based on data.
An interesting and challenging career opportunity in an innovative and ambitious company, where values as diligence, development, team play, respect, openness, entrepreneurship and thriftiness are considered to be natural. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of varieties in a state of the art production environment. The company offers an attractive remuneration package with many extra’s (medical insurance, meals subsidies, personal budget for trainings), and provides accommodation assistance if needed. The position offers a high level of autonomy and room for personal initiative. You will be given the chance to develop yourself together with the company, and with close support from the company.
JMP Flowers has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Team Leader Cut Flowers exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More info about the company can be found at www.jmpflowers.pl. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.