Team Leader Crop Protection (Roses)Stężyca (100 km south of Warsaw), Poland
About JMP Flowers
JMP Flowers is Poland’s biggest privately owned flowers producer. The JMP Flowers greenhouse complex, with an area of 18 ha, has been equipped with a wide range of technological facilities and a combined heat and power system, making its production effectively self-sufficient in this respect. The production area is one of the worlds most technical advanced. The company is specialized in the production of high quality orchids, roses and anthurium. JMP Flowers also manages the largest proprietary wholesale network in Poland, with a total of 15 branches supplying fresh flowers to Polish flower shops.
For its Production Technology Department, we are currently looking for a Team Leader Crop Protection who will manage biological and chemical protection processes for the production of the roses.
Be responsible for the crop protection in the rose department.
- Successfully manage biological and chemical protection processes to make sure plants are growing to the highest quality levels within the planned protection budgets to reach business goals and keep customers satisfied.
- Monitor for pests, weeds & diseases and implement appropriate Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to keep the plants healthy, maintaining environmental safety.
- Rightly manage the spraying equipment, infrastructure and stock of needed chemicals (incl. planning and purchasing, as well as accurate documentation/registration of applications).
- Establish the protection procedures and processes, monitor their effectiveness and introduce improvements where possible.
- Supervise the crop protection team (sprayers) and the introduction of biological CPP’s. Assure the equipment is maintained and the quality of work is proper.
- Active participation in trial and evaluation process of new methods and new chemicals.
- Closely cooperate with the Rose Department Manager and all related teams to assure the protection supports the realisation of production and growing plans, and is in line with overall growing calendar.
- Continuous market benchmark and monitoring of best practices in terms of new chemicals developments for crop protection to implement the best market solutions.
- Keep up to date with the latest legislation and developments in crop protection and implement new procedures accordingly.
- The Team Leader Crop Protection reports to the Head Grower and to the Rose Department Manager.
A goal oriented plant specialist with great attention to details.
- Experience in an indoor horticultural production environment (preferable roses, other flowers (or vegetables) are an asset), experience with steering a team is favourable.
- Higher education (Horticulture, Biology, Agriculture or related).
- Practical and agronomical knowledge of indoor growing.
- Knowledge and interest in modern and innovative growing methods.
- Fluent in English and/or Polish. Russian is an asset.
- Natural leadership skills, goal oriented and able to motivate a team towards common goals.
- Independent in action and decision making, responsible, focussed and with an eye for detail.
- Positive and proactive approach, able to reach effective solutions, able to spot problems in early stage in order to prevent big problems in later growing stages.
- Able to shape and strengthen an entrepreneurial culture within a team, willingness to share knowledge and to develop talents in your team.
An interesting and challenging career opportunity in an innovative and ambitious company, where values as diligence, development, team play, respect, openness, entrepreneurship and thriftiness are considered to be natural. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of varieties in a state of the art production environment. The company offers an attractive remuneration package with many extra’s (medical insurance, meals subsidies, personal budget for trainings), and provides accommodation assistance if needed. The position offers a high level of autonomy and room for personal initiative. You will be given the chance to develop yourself together with the company, and with close support from the company.
JMP Flowers has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Team Leader Crop Protection exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More info about the company can be found at www.jmpflowers.pl. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.