Head of Agronomical DepartmentNaruszewo (northwest of Warsaw), Mazowieckie voivodship, Poland
About Grupa Producentów Warzyw PRIMAVEGA Sp. z o.o
The Vegetables Producers Group Primavega with headquarters in Naruszewo, mazowieckie (northwest of Warsaw) has been established in 2012. The Group is the biggest iceberg lettuce, chicory radicchio, endive and romaine lettuce grower in Poland. The company has many years of agro-technical experience, and through cooperation with scientific centres, it constantly develops its know-how in the production of vegetables. Primavega specializes in the cultivation, storage and packaging of leafy vegetables and broccoli. The involvement of the best professionals allows the Group to strengthen its competitiveness in the market and to implement bold investment plans.
Due to the further dynamic development of the Primavega Group we are currently looking for a Head of Agronomical Department, a key position with responsibilities in setting up the strategy for coming years and finding innovative solutions to improve the vegetable production efficiency throughout the Group.
Manage the Agri department and supervise the production of open field vegetables.
- Overall responsibility for the cultivation of iceberg lettuce, Endive, Radicchio and other vegetables (leek, celery, broccoli, spinach) within the Group (total cultivation area approx. 1.000 ha) in accordance with the highest quality standards.
- Plan and coordinate all agronomical and agri-technical activities during and outside of the season (harrowing, fertilizing, irrigation and supervision of irrigation systems, planting and sowing, preparing the fields for winter period).
- Manage a team of 30-50 people. Plan and organize the work schedules, supervise and motivate the team, recruit new employees.
- Be responsible for the selection of machines (tractors and cultivating machines). Collect offers and propose new investments regarding the machinery park to the Management Board.
- Assure the proper maintenance of machines and supervise technical service.
- Supervise the GPS computer monitoring system: control soil sampling, soil quality and efficiency of irrigation systems (T-TAPE and conventional sprinklers).
- As the Head of Agronomical Department you closely cooperate with and report directly to the Managing Director.
People oriented manager experienced in vegetable production, seeking innovative solutions.
- At least 3 years of managing experience in the agricultural production environment. International experience is very welcome.
- Higher education (Agriculture, Horticulture or related).
- Practical and in-depth agronomical knowledge in the cultivation of iceberg lettuce and/or other vegetables (leek, celery, broccoli, spinach, arugula).
- Knowledge and interest in modern and innovative growing methods.
- Fluent in Polish and/or English.
- Experience in assessing/determining KPI’s.
- Natural leadership potential and highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Independent in action and decision making, responsible and assertive.
- Positive and proactive approach, dynamic and full of energy.
- Focused on achieving goals, driven by business development.
An interesting and challenging career opportunity for a key position within a fastly growing Polish group operating on the international market. The company offers an attractive remuneration package with many extra’s (laptop, smartphone, company car, health and social services), and provides accommodation assistance if needed. The position offers a high level of autonomy and room for personal initiative. You will be given the chance to develop yourself together with the company.
Primavega has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Head of Agronomical Department exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More info about the company can be found at www.primavega.com. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.