General Manager UK (farm implements)(Centrally located in) the UK
Our Client is one of the world’s largest producers of agricultural machinery for tillage, sowing, seeding, mowing, forage-making and spraying. Its international HQ is located in Italy. The Group employs approximately 2.000 people worldwide. The first line-up of its products launched in the UK consisted of power harrows and rotavators. These are now very well established and have been sold in the UK for the last 35 years. Since then a new range of flail mowers, seed drills, combination drills and ploughs have been introduced.
To take the lead of all its operations in the UK we currently are looking for a General Manager UK.
Hold ultimate responsibility for the day to day running of the company and its strategic direction.
- Set the overall strategic direction of the company in the UK. Create, implement and evaluate the business development plan for the UK Market. Be responsible for P&L of the branch.
- Streamline the sales, the delivery times (factory to dealer), the promotion activities in conjunction with the regional sales managers as well as with the dealers’ network.
- Make a dealer development plan in the UK. Develop and apply sales and customer service procedures according to the company’s procedures.
- Liaise with the headquarters and other branches to ensure smooth running of operations.
- Hire and support new staff and manage the individual departments (sales, after sales service & spare parts, finance and administration) in order to guarantee a smooth operation.
- Ensure all employees buy into the company vision and monitor work performance.
- Ongoing analysis of the market, trends and competition in terms of prices and services.
- Be responsible for the budget and forecasting. Monitor the market and prepare periodic reports.
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
- Manage the implementation of the SAP operating system and consequent local billing.
- Supervise the after sales service, spare parts sales, guarantee issues and the execution of the introduction of new products in close contact with the company’s HQ and the distributors.
- The General Manager UK reports to the Global Sales Director and to the Board of the Group.
A real people manager, commercial and customer-driven, with well-developed business vision for the agri machinery sector.
- Several years of operational, commercial or CFO experience in an (inter)national group in the agri machinery sector.
- University degree (Agribusiness or Agricultural is an asset).
- Native English, knowledge of Italian or other languages is an asset.
- A proven track record in managing and steering a team, incl. wages, defining tasks and goals.
- Experience with working in an international and multicultural environment.
- Willingness to travel in the UK and abroad (regular visits to the HQ in Italy).
- Goal oriented with an open and entrepreneurial mind set and a good commercial attitude.
- Team player, well developed personal and interpersonal skills (self-motivated, honest and forthright, able to persuade and to inspire others).
- Strong communicative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to spot and fast respond on business opportunities.
Growing Together is the mission and vision of Our Client. The company offers a challenging and versatile job opportunity at a leading international Group in the agricultural sector, where open communication and respect towards others is highly valued. You will have the possibility to further establish, shape, grow and develop the branch office in the UK. A market competitive remuneration package and fringe benefits (incl. car, laptop, mobile phone) are foreseen. You will enjoy a nice working atmosphere in a dynamic and ambitious Group, and will be representing a company where you can grow your ideas.
Our Client has outsourced the Search and Selection for the General Manager UK exclusively to CeresRecruitment. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.